Easy Easter treat recipe – How to make hollow chocolate Easter eggs
Easter eggs can be not only beautiful dyed but also very delicious. That is why we would like to offer you an easy Easter treat recipe and inspire you to make your own hollow chocolate eggs. You can use these delicious desserts to impress your guests or as a gift for family and friends.
This Easter treat recipe is super easy, fun and delicious. At first glance it may seem difficult, but the idea to create your own Easter chocolate eggs is fabulous. Just mix a lot of chocolate and fill it with cookies, chocolates or fruits. Have fun :).
Easter treat recipe – how to make a chocolate egg
You will need :
– 2.5 large chunks of milk chocolate
– Finely chopped dark chocolate
– 2 small pieces of white chocolate
– 2 plastic egg moulds 500 g (which can be found in bakerware shops)
– 1 large spoon ( wooden or plastic )
Let’s get to work !
1. Place the chocolate pieces in a fireproof container and heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir the mixture. Repeat the process once or two times until the mixture is completely melted.
2. Add the chopped dark chocolate and mix well until it gets smooth. Pour the prepared mixture on both half eggs and and tilt them on all sides to cover every inch of the mould.
3. Pour back the excess in a bowl and scrape the edges with a flat spatula. Turn them upside down on a grid to let the remaining excess drip out.
4. Place the form in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes. When the first chocolate layer is set, pour another layer of white chocolate and repeat.
5. Once completely cold, unmould each egg by carefully pulling the edges and tapping gently the egg. The egg should be at least 3 mm thick, otherwise it might break.
6. Melt some white chocolate and paint stripes and polka dots to decorate.
Now just choose your filling!
In this case we will use :
– 1 can condensed milk
– 1 small package of shredded coconut
– 1 tablespoon desalinated butter
Mix all ingredients and melt on low heat. Pour the mixture in a bowl and let it cool then fill the egg.
– 350 g of dark chocolate
– 200 g light cream
– 1 tablespoon brandy
Put the cream and chocolate in a saucepan and leave on slow fire. Stir until all ingredients melt. Remove from heat and add the brandy. Leave to cool.
Easter treat recipe – different chocolate eggs filling and decorations
Easter chocolate egg filled with fresh fruits or sprinkles
stuffing with chocolate cream and various kinds of nuts
chocolate balls with coconut
white chocolate and chips of dark chocolate