DIY cable spool table – Cool coffee table for your living room
Do you need a new coffee table? Then you’ll be totally excited about this project. It is about a wooden DIY cable spool table. The cable reels are really versatile objects and you can decorate them as you like. The white mosaic tiles here work very well in combination with flat stones collected from the beach.
DIY cable spool table tutorial
Search for a cable spool in good shape. The wooden tabletop shouldn’t look too rustic. These cable spools are available it different sizes so, if you are lucky enough you can make another coffee table for the garden, a side table for the sun lounger or even a big dining table. For now we have to satisfy ourselves with this cute wooden cable spool that turned out to be a great coffee table as well. You can see the step-by-step tutorial in the following pictures.
DIY cable spool table project
1. Clean the cable spool thoroughly, sand and varnish with teak oil, wax or similar glaze.
2. Apply a deep penetrating primer on the tabletop and let dry.
3. Seal the larger holes with styrofoam, and smooth the uneven places with tiling adhesive. Allow to dry.
4. Apply the tile adhesive and glue the stones or mosaic tiles. Drying takes a few days.
5. Mix the flexible grout according to manufacturer’s instructions.
6. You have then 45 to 70 minutes time to apply the grout. So relax.
7. After 10 minutes start to wipe the waste grout with a sponge.
8. Allow to dry short again and then wipe it again to complete it.
And the coffee table is ready. The colors of the mosaic are neutral, stylish and match every interior style and decorating theme. You can of course customize the design of the coffee table according to your taste. The cable spools are very durable and could be used in the garden.