Table decorating ideas for Halloween with spiders and more
Spiders on Halloween have a special role. It has long been known that these insects are the companions of supernatural and magical forces. Therefore, a few spiders on the festive Halloween table are guaranteed to create the necessary spooky mood. And it is not so difficult to make them. Have a look at these creepy table decorating ideas for Halloween and get crafty!
DIY Table decorating ideas for Halloween
To create spiders we need:
thin binding wire – 1.0 mm
Black acrylic paint
1. Cut 4 pieces of wire: three of the same size and one a bit longer
2. Bend the longer one in half as shown in the picture
3. Lay the other three pieces on the folded one
Table decorating ideas for Halloween – Make black spiders
4. Tie all together in one structure by using another piece of wire
5. Wrap the “body” of the spider using a thread
6. Form a “head” and torso of the spider using papier mache
(note: the body is slightly larger than “head”).
7. Leave to dry completely
Tip: After drying all the bumps can be smoothed with fine sandpaper
8. The last step: cover the spider with black paint, trimm the mustache, legs and fold them by using pliers.
Recipe for papier-mâché:
Tear old egg cartons, toilet paper or newspaper in pieces and soak in water (for a day) or mix in blender (with water). Then wring out the excess water and add PVA glue to the mass. The consistency of the masses should look like soft dough: it should cling. For greater plasticity of the mass it is possible to add a little vegetable/linseed oil.
Table decorating ideas for Halloween – Spider web made of chocolate and salty sticks
For this recipe you will need only two ingredients: salty sticks and chocolate.
1. Melt the chocolate in a water bath or in the microwave. Let it cool a little bit.
2. Spoon the chocolate mixture into the pastry bag.
3. If you are using a plain plastic bag, cut a small whole in the one corner to squeeze out the chocolate.
4. Arrange the salty sticks on a parchment paper in a circle.
5. Squeeze the chocolate to form the spiderweb.
6. Allow to harden at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
A plastic spider would make it more authentic
Another great table decorating ideas for Halloween:
Appetizers with carrots, black olives and cream cheese
stylish decoration for wine glasses
or Martini glasses
Fold treat boxes from orange paper
spooky atmosphere with tealights and Jack o lanterns
small ornamental pumpkins in a bowl
serve a soup in hollowed out pumpkin
draw a bat on orange plastic cup